Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tying the past to the future and having fun along the way......

So this is the beginning of this blog but I have been doing these tress for a while now. I have hit several dead ends traveled with my mom to the "old homesteads" and grave yards. Even one of the graveyards we traveled to was overgrown with weeds and grass taller then me but she and I weren't intimated by that we plunged on through! As my grandfather passed last year it has brought a new sense of needing to know how I came to be the family members lives in the past and what I can learn from them. This journey has been fantastic so far and I am loving learning, driving around and trampling along graves to find all this information, I will try to post on a regular bases to make sure I keep you all update but please feel free to reach out to me with any photos, stories or even grave sites you may know that I haven't been to as of yet. There is one graveyard in particular my mom and I would love to find it is called Meadville Cemetery in Meade County KY. We know that it is on private property & set off the road which is making it hard for us to find. So if you know the whereabouts of that please let me know.

This photo is from Sandy Hill Cemetery. Mom and I asked for permission before going into the site but we were still unable to find our relatives.



No comments:

Post a Comment